High Plain Elementary
April PTO Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, April 7th 2015
Pam Lathrop, Marika Lyons, Michelle Hazelwood, Kim Sousa, Laura Putnam, Carol Mohr, Xiaolin (Jade) Jiang
Approval of minutes from March meeting
• Skate night was a success. @$300 profit
• Square 1 Art orders are due in the first week of May. Will distribute in Caf again. Maybe use the half day May 8th for a pick up day.
• Sweetheart dance will be Friday May 1 from 7-9pm. Need a photographer volunteer. Most food is pre-packaged. Custodian and associated fees need to be looked at. Maybe the Mom's running the event should meet with Danny. Deb Lenzi pulled the permit already for the event.
• The Teacher's Appreciation Luncheon will be Thursday May 7th. A great group of Moms are running this event. We still need volunteers for food; salad, desserts etc. The invites will go out next week.
• The Ice Cream Social will be June 11th. There will be a DJ, no dunk tank, the book fair will be going on simultaneously.
• The Fun Run and Picnic will be June 19th. We will do a dedication to Mrs. Shiff. Christine Lightburn is organizing this. $ raised will go to the Gaga Pit.
• 5th Grade events are being planned. May 29th will be the talent show. April 15th will be try outs. May 26th will be the dress rehearsal. June 23rd is 5th grade graduation. 24th is the last day of school. We need 4th grade parents to help out with graduation. The Canobie Lake trip has been approved.
• The Kindergarten Play is Friday May 8th.
• The Mother/Son outing is being planned by Rona Beetham
• Spinners Night is a go and will happen the evening of June 25th.
• The Run For The Troops is Sunday and we have a HighPlain/Wood Hill Team.
• The Spring Social is Saturday night. We have about 71 parents going. We have 30 auction items – some will be auctioned live and some silent.
• Math-a-thon was discussed. Helen Turner is organizing again. We will send it down town for copying. Incoming K kids will get it this year and kids coming from Shawsheen School too.
• Marika discussed the Buddy Table. It has been ordered and costs $650. Plus a rolling cart and plaque. We will have a ceremony before school ends.
• A Girl Scout Troop has created a Student Council. They want a Gaga Pit.
• Betsy Wish's art is up in the Cafeteria and looks great.
• The PARCC testing is underway and progressing well. We are not using computers for this.
• High Plain Elementary has representatives in the State Chess Tournament and National Geography Bee too. We discussed a Chess Fundraiser at High Plain.
• We need a new PTO Board for next year. We need to draft an email blast to solicit volunteers. Michelle will find the emails from last year.
Future PTO meeting dates are:
June ?? we need to plan a date for last meeting