High Plain Elementary
November PTO Meeting
Friday, November 6,
Kim Sousa, Lauren Jones, Stephanie Lenzi, Joanna Yianopoulos,
October Minutes: Stephanie Lenzi and Heather Nutter
approved the minutes.
- Spookyfest: Send Lisa Sellinger photos for yearbook. HPE
using flickr? Event was awesome! 425 preregistered and over 500 in
total. Took in approximately$3500.
- Craft Fair: November 19th: Jill Sergeant running
the event. 44 vendors (including kids) 5-7pm.
- Book Fair: Online and book sales going on now.
- DISH Fundraiser: Rasied $345
- Grant request from Gina Chaves…we currently have 1 $500.
We approve the grand for animation software for $350.
- Direct Donation: We did not do a direct donation letter
last year. We will ask Pam to see if there is anything we need. We can
send a letter to everyone in January. Check files to see if Direct
Donation letter with checkmark box for donation.
- Boxtops: We made over $400
- Set up HPE coupon for markets…when you buy something, you
will receive a coupon to throw into your school’s bin. Ex. market basket,
stop & shop
- Pie Fundraisers: Ask Mara and/or Sherriden Sweeney to see
who coordinated it last year.
- Invite Dr. Berman (new superintendent) to something (Adventures
- Budgeted low for a lot of events, but will probably do
well. Waiting for a bill from Charleston Wrap. Being delivered on
Monday, November 16th Possibly put a table outside for parent
- Playground equipment: waiting for Pam to give an invoice
for balls, equipment, etc. Waiting on Andy Chase for gift cards.
- Give $100 for family portraits through ACE.
- Pizza fundraiser: December 23rd and Pub 99 for
- Pasta Palooza: Still waiting on town approval. Possible
date: February 10th
- Calendar Fundraiser: Possibly set it up in February…have
Ursula Perry put it together.
- Parent Social: Kirsten Ahearn is interested in heading it
up. Beginning of April possibly? Casino Night at school? Silent Auction
is the key. Youth Center? Would have to get a temporary license. Other
Next PTO Meeting scheduled for
Friday, December 4th at 9am in the cafeteria. This is an early