High Plain Elementary
October PTO Meeting Minutes
Monday, October 5, 2015
Kim Sousa, Lauren Jones, Stephanie Lenzi, Joanna Yianopoulos,
Monica Nelson, Pam Lathrop,
Kim Sousa and Stephanie Lenzi approved minutes.
- Voted on cover for the Family Directory.
- Charleston Wrap is done.
$10,000 in orders. We get
40% from total orders.
- Math-a-thon is still going on, but wrapping up soon.
- Christine bought gift cards for the teachers who went on the Outdoor
* 6 $35 ninety nine gifts cards were
purchased for custodians
- Playground Equipment: Jess
Pennell and Mike Fiore will order new balls $200
Andona…adding another 9-square
game setup, cornhole.
- All Town PTO Mtg on Friday…one school had donated between $100-$200
- Updating the website…Hochan in charge. We need to copy her on anything current.
- Facebook page…right now, Kim Sousa is updating it, but we are
looking for someone to take it over.
It needs to allow others to join and post on it as opposed to the
administrator only seeing it.
- Spookyfest: October 23rd
from 5:30-7:30pm. Mellissa Walles
had set up volunteerspot as an online signup for volunteers. Lorena Mennit has offered to bring pizzas
at cost and she will serve the pizzas.
Price per slice TBD. Send an
eblast to 5th grade parents to help with hayride and/or tour
guides. Send an email to Pam with 5th
grade volunteering. Speak with
Heather Nutter about hayride logistics.
- Craft Fair: November 19th: Jill Sergeant running the event.
- Book Fair: 1st
week of November in gym which coincides with the conferences.
- Direct Donation Letter:
Lauren said that we have a couple through Charleston Wrap. Possibly set it up for February 2016.
- For Deirdre’s grant, we paid some stipends.
- After Spookyfest, we should figure out our calendar…spring events
(parent social, etc.)
- Kim will speak with Ursula about getting rid of DISH fundraiser. They are requesting 10 pre-orders and
that might be tough.
- Parent Social: Will discuss
once Spookyfest is done.
- Pasta Palooza: 1st Wed in February before vacation. All the pasta, sauce, meatballs were
donated last year.
- $270 left over from 5th grade funds. Buying a nice camera.
- Outdoor Ed 5th graders left today. MCAS scores coming in…state is deciding
whether or not to keep PAARC or MCAS.
- Scarecrow Contest: Sherriden
is our point person. Possibly make
scarecrows out of newspaper with hay accents as opposed to full hay which
causes more of a fire hazard.
Next Meeting: Friday,